Last Revised: June 2020
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit the Website. If at any point in time Merkado decides to make use of any personally identifiable information in file, in a manner vastly different form that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the Users shall be promptly notified by email or phone and shall, at that time, have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of this Website you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
Your Account Information:
You provide your mobile phone number to create an OKY account. You provide us the contacts in your mobile address book on a regular basis and we will securely upload your contacts to our servers to help you send vouchers to your family and friends. For example if you allow access to your contacts, you can choose the contact instead of typing it. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of your contacts for you.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services,), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to view locations nearby, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
In addition, Merkado may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long?
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
- The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or association; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Merkado may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our Website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Merkado.
Merkado may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Disclosure of Information
Merkado may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Merkado.
Merkado greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Merkado’s products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use the Website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 15
Merkado’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of fifteen (15). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of fifteen (15), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of fifteen (15) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our Website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletter. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our Website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Merkado will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
Merkado´s operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield). By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Merkado takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g., credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees or consultants who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact us?
Any questions, comments, complaints, or claims regarding these Terms or the Site should be directed to:
Merkado Services LLC
Customer Care (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
200 Crandon Blvd, Suite # 200
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
1110 Brickell Ave. Suite 603
Miami, FL 33131
Support: +1 (305) 749 5530
Admin: +1 (305) 365 1269