Last update: June 2023
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time. If you want to ensure that you are aware of the latest changes, we encourage you to check the Website frequently. If at any time Merkado decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file in a manner very different from that stated when this information was initially collected, users will be notified immediately by email or telephone and, at that time, will have the option to permit the use of their information in this different manner.
This policy governs the collection and use of data by us. Therefore, by using this website, you consent to the data collection procedures set forth in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the information we collect and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether you disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you choose not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
You provide your cell phone number to create an OKY account. You may choose to give us access to the contacts in your cell phone address book on a regular basis, in which case your contacts will be securely uploaded to our servers to help you send vouchers to any of those contacts. For example, if you allow access to your contacts, you will be able to choose the contact directly instead of having to type in their name or number. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us with such numbers. To help you organize your communication with others, we can create a favorites list of your contacts for you.
Automatically collected information
- Usage and Registration Information. We collect service, diagnostic and performance related information. This includes information about your activity (for example, how you use our website), log files and logs, and diagnostic, crash, website and performance reports.
- Transaction Information. If you pay for any of the services on our website, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties that process your payment.
- Device and connection information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access or use our website. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, for example, when you choose to view nearby places, and the like, and for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes, for example, if you experience problems with the location features of our app.
In addition, Merkado may have the opportunity to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race, and religion, as well as the type of browser you use, IP address, or operating system type, which will help us provide and maintain superior service.
Why do we collect information and for how long?
We collect your information for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information that we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to complete surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so; and
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will not be retained for longer than is necessary. The length of time we retain such information will be determined by the following criteria: how long your personal information remains relevant; how long it is reasonable to retain records to demonstrate that we have complied with our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims may be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent and our legitimate interest in retaining such information, as outlined in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Merkado may collect and make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure the provision of the services you need and request. On occasion, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means of keeping you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Merkado.
Merkado may also contact you to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential new services that may be offered.
Disclosure of Information
Merkado may not use or disclose the information you provide to Merkado, except in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide the services or products you have requested;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have consented;
- In conjunction with other information such that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To the external auditors who have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the information;
- As necessary to enforce the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE (CLICK HERE) and/or
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all of Merkado’s rights and assets.
Merkado greatly respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if necessary for non-commercial purposes (such as alerts of bugs, security breaches, account problems and/or changes to Merkado’s products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use the website, newspapers or other public media to post a notice.
Electronic Funds Transfers (“EFT”) and Account Balances
California Privacy Rights
- If you reside in the State of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choices from companies doing business in California. Specifically:
– the specific categories and items of personal information we have collected about you;
– the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information;
– the business or commercial purpose for which we have collected the personal information;
– the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
– the categories of personal information about you that we disclose for marketing purposes, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose that information for marketing purposes.
- Ejercicio del derecho de supresión. Puede solicitar que eliminemos la información personal que hayamos recopilado de usted, con sujeción a ciertas limitaciones previstas en la legislación aplicable.
- Exercising your right to opt-out of a sale. You may request to opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA states that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact Merkado via email at email@example.com or contact us via postal mail, postage prepaid, at:
Merkado Services, LLC
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
Please indicate your preference as to how you would like us to respond to your request (i.e., email or mail).
All requests sent by postal mail must be marked “Your California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or postcard and clearly indicated on the request itself. For all requests, please include your name, address (if you want a response by mail), city, state, and zip code. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the e-mail address or contact information from which you are sending the request matches your e-mail address or contact information we have on file. Authentication based on a valid, government-issued identification document may be required. We will not accept requests by telephone or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent correctly, or that do not have complete information.
Children under the age of 15
The Website is not directed to children under the age of fifteen (15) and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from them. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected about anyone under the age of fifteen (15), we will immediately take steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or alternatively, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of fifteen (15) must request and obtain parental or guardian permission to use the website.
Unsubscribe or opt-out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to stop receiving our email or newsletter communications. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please send an email indicating that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party website, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Merkado will continue to abide by this policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to other websites
Notice to European Union Users
Merkado’s operations are located in the United States. If you provide information to us, it will be transferred outside the European Union (EU) and sent to the U.S. (The EU-U.S. privacy adequacy decision became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the United States under the Privacy Shield). By providing personal information to us, you consent to its storage and use as described in this Policy.\
Merkado takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (for example, credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can check this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and searching for “https” at the beginning of the web page address.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees or consultants who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personally identifiable information under our control.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
How to contact us?
Any questions, comments, complaints or claims regarding these Terms or the Website should be directed to:
Merkado Services, LLC
1110 Brickell Ave Suite #603
Miami, FL 33131
200 Crandon Blvd, Suite #200
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Technical Support: +1 (305) 749 5530
Administration: +1 (305) 365 1269