Last update: September 2020
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time. If you want to ensure that you are aware of the latest changes, we advise you to visit the website frequently. If at any time Merkado decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner substantially different from what was stated when this information was initially collected, users will be promptly notified by email or phone and, at that time, At this time, they will have the option to allow the use of their information in this different way.
This policy governs the collection and use of data by us. Therefore, by using this website, you agree to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the information collected and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information we collect
It is always up to you whether you disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you choose not to, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
Your account information
You provide your mobile phone number to create an OKY account. You may choose to give us access to your mobile address book contacts on a regular basis, in which case your contacts will be securely uploaded to our servers to help you send vouchers to any of those contacts. For example, if you allow access to your contacts, you can choose the contact directly instead of having to type their name or number. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us with such numbers. To help you organize your communication with others, we can create a favorites list of your contacts for you.
Information collected automatically
- Usage and Registration Information. We collect information related to service, diagnosis and performance. This includes information about your activity (for example, how you use our website), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Information about transactions. If you pay for any of the services on our website, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties that process your payment.
Information about the device and connection.
- We collect device-specific information when you install, access or use our website. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, for example, when you choose to see nearby places, and the like, and for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes, for example, if you have problems with the location features of your device. our app.
In addition, Merkado may have occasion to collect anonymous, non-personal demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you use, IP address or the type of operating system, which will help us to provide and maintain a superior quality service.
Why do we collect information and for how long?
We collect your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like where we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, where we have your consent to do so; and
- To customize our website based on your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will not be retained for longer than is necessary. How long we retain such information will be determined based on the following criteria: how long your personal information remains relevant; as long as it is reasonable to keep the records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; the prescription periods in which claims can be filed; retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent and our legitimate interest in retaining such information, as indicated in this Policy.
Use of information collected
Merkado may collect and use personal information to assist in the operation of our website and ensure the delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from Merkado.
Merkado may also contact you to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential services that may be offered in the future.
Merkado may not use or disclose the information you provide, except in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide the services or products you have requested;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have consented;
- In conjunction with other information in such a way that your identity cannot be reasonably determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To external auditors who have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the information;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all rights and property of Merkado.
Merkado greatly respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if necessary for non-commercial purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes to Merkado products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use the website, newspapers or other public means to publish a notice.
Electronic Funds Transfers (“TEF”) and Account Balances
Privacy Rights in California
If you reside in the State of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choices to companies doing business in California. Specific:
- Exercise of the right to know. You may request, up to two times in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal data we have collected about you during the last 12 months:
- – the categories and specific items of personal information we have collected about you;
– the categories of sources from which we have collected the personal information;
– the business or commercial purpose for which we have collected the personal information;
– the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
– the categories of personal information about you that we disclose for business purposes, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose that information for business purposes.
- – the categories and specific items of personal information we have collected about you;
- Exercise of the right of deletion. You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations provided by applicable law.
- Exercising the right to exclude a sale. You can request to opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may take place.
- Nondiscrimination. The CCPA states that you cannot be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you can contact Merkado at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by post, postage paid, at:
Merkado Services, LLC
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
Please indicate your preference as to how you would like us to respond to your request (ie email or postal mail).
All requests sent by postal mail must be marked “Your California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or postcard and be clearly indicated on the request itself. For all requests, please include your name, address (if you would like a response by mail), city, state, and zip code. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address or contact information from which you are submitting the request matches your email address or contact information we have on file. our files. Authentication based on a valid government-issued identification document may be required. We will not accept requests by phone or fax. We are not responsible for notifications that are not labeled or sent correctly, or that do not have complete information.
Children under 15 years
The Website is not directed to children under the age of fifteen (15) and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from them. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected about anyone under the age of fifteen (15), we will promptly take steps to ensure that such information is removed from our system database, or otherwise obtained verifiable parental consent to the use and storage of such information. Any person under the age of fifteen (15) must request and obtain the permission of their parent or guardian to use the website.
Unsubscribe or opt-out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to stop receiving our email or newsletter communications. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website, please send an unsubscribe email to email@example.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt out of any third party website, you will need to go to that specific website to opt out or opt out. Merkado will continue to comply with this policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to other websites
Notice to users in the European Union
Merkado’s operations are located in the United States. If you provide us with information, it will be transferred outside of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The EU-US Privacy Adequacy Decision came into effect on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows for the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the United States under the Privacy Shield). By providing us with personal information, you agree to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Merkado takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information through the Website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (for example, credit card details), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us securely. You can check this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the web page address.
Although we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees or consultants who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) have access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. All of this is done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal information under our control.
Acceptance of the conditions
How to contact us?
Any questions, comments, complaints or claims in relation to these Conditions or the Website should be directed to:
Merkado Services, LLC
1110 Brickell Ave. Suite #603
Miami, FL 33131
200 Crandon Blvd, Suite #200
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Tech Support: +1 (305) 749 5530
Administration: +1 (305) 365 1269